Edge 2 is a high-performance, interface-rich ARM64 single board computer that targets a wide range of IoT networking and computing applications.
It can be applied to the fields of networking, computing, control and home entertainment, and further achievements with the help of multipurpose software.
Following are main peripherals with specifications:
- Power adapter
- A 12 V power adapter with a current of 2 A or more is recommended.
Note: Edge 2 has a standard Type-C port, which supports a relatively large charging current, the Type-C
power adapter should support PD3.0 or PD2.0.
- Monitor and HDMI cable
- A monitor with HDMI 2.0 port is recommended.
- Keyboard and mouse
- Standard USB keyboard and mouse or Bluetooth wireless keyboard and mouse
- USB to UART adapter (optional)
- Required to connect the Laptop or PC with the UART port of Edge 2.
- There is a text console on the UART port, which is used to communicate with devices and other systems interconnected through the serial port.
- Power Button – Used to start, wake up and shut down the system.
- SYS/PWR indicator – Indicate the status of power and system operation. “SYS” LED indicates the system is running. “PWR” LED indicates the product is powered on.
- USB 3.0 – Connect USB external devices such as mouse, keyboard, etc.
- HP-mic – Connect to 3.5mm headphone device.
- TF-Card – Support MicroSD cards up to 64GBytes.
- ETHERNET – Support 10/100/1000M router ethernet.
- RS485 – Three pins, pins A, B and GND are used for communication.
- HDMI – Connect to a display.
- USB 3.0 x2 – Connect USB external devices such as mouse, keyboard, etc.
- POWER – Used to connect power supply, support USB PD 3.0.
- RESET – Short press RESET button to restart Edge 2.
- U.2 – Expansion interface for circuit boards
- DC 12V – connect to 12V, the power supply is greater than 2A
- SATA power socket for 12V @ 3A
Note: The additional interfaces can only be seen after the side panel is removed.
- Before opening the box, check whether the package is damaged during transport.
- After opening the box, check the reference packing list, make sure that you have all parts and there are no damages.
- If you find any shortage or damage, please contact your retailer.
Accessories that come with the product:
- 1x Edge 2 metal case
- 2x Antenna
- 1x Type-C cable
- Step 1: Edge 2 is packaged in cardboard box. Cardboard box is specially designed for Edge 2.
- Step 2: Rotate your Edge 2 box to check details. The specifications of Edge 2 are mentioned on the bottom side of the box.
- Step 3: Make sure you open the box in upward position. A protective cardboard box is also placed on the Edge 2.
- Step 4: Take out the protective cardboard from Edge 2 box. Do it carefully to protect Edge 2 from damage.
- Step 5: After removing protective cardboard, you can see top part of the Edge 2. Edge 2 is placed at the center of cardboard box to avoid any harm during transportation.
- Step 6: Take out the Edge 2 device from the cardboard box carefully to avoid damaging. Dual Wi-Fi antenna and Type-C power adapter cable are also packaged in protective cardboard box.
- Step 7: Remove the protective cardboard box carefully to avoid dropping of Dual Wi-Fi antenna. Remove the protective cardboard box and take out the Type-C power adapter cable.
The Mixtile Edge 2 encapsulates two wireless mini antennas to help improve the speed and reliability of data transmission. Please refer to the following steps to install the antennas.
- Step 1: Place your Edge 2 on a table so that you can easily view the upside location of antenna connectors.
- Step 2: Remove the rubber protective covers from the two antenna connectors.
- Step 3: Install the antennas by screwing them in clockwise direction and position them upwards.
A HDMI port on Mixtile Edge 2 allows users to send HD audio and video to a monitor or screen for software operation and customization.
- Step 1: Prepare a good quality dual ended “male” HDMI 2.0 cable of suitable length.
- Step 2: To kick off the set up, plug the one end of HDMI cable into the HDMI port on the back of your Edge 2.
- Step 3: Plug the other end of the HDMI cable into a monitor or screen with a built-in HDMI port.
Note: If you’re using an HDMI display without speakers, you may also need some form of sound hardware. Audio can be played by connecting speakers or headphones to the HP microphone. However, the speakers must have their own power supply.
The Mixtile Edge 2 device has a power supply port that can be used to connect a power adapter with a 12V DC, 3A power input.
- Step 1: To initiate the boot setup, connect one end of the Type-C cable to the adapter and the other end to the POWER port of Edge 2, the monitor to the HDMI port via HDMI 2.0 cable, and the mouse and keyboard to the USB3.0 port.
- Step 2: The system will start automatically. The power indicator always lights up in yellow and the system indicator flashes in blue until it always lights up.
- Step 3: Slide the mouse up to unlock the system, and then operate the system as needed.
Note: Connect the Mixtile Edge 2 to your local network and the Internet with an (Ethernet) network cable.